Over the years, owner Lawrence and son Phillip have worked hard to ensure they continue to meet the needs of customers. It’s important to them that they are offering a fully comprehensive range of timber windows, doors and conservatories.
So, it goes without saying that they are always looking for the next innovative breakthrough in windows and doors, and with that in mind, we’re pleased to announce that we’ll soon be launching our newest product range, AluWood aluminium timber hybrid windows and doors.
AluWood is one of the UK’s leaders in the design and manufacturing of aluminium clad timber windows and doors. The highly competitive composite system offers the perfect union of timber and aluminium with market leading performance. Currently around 95% of composite windows and doors installed in the UK are imported – together we can help to rebalance that – our range of composite windows and doors are manufactured in the North of Scotland and are most certainly fit for purpose.
AluWood windows and doors combine the warmth and visual appeal of natural timber inside with the strength, resilience and low maintenance of aluminium, available in any RAL colour, outside.
Combinations of sash opening types and fixed light areas are easy to accommodate within the same window and the system has been designed to facilitate fixed light glazing from the inside or outside dependant on your requirements.
Features & Benefits
- British made and recyclable for minimum carbon footprint and maximum sustainability.
- A genuine composite window not a timber window with aluminium profiles ‘stuck on’.
- Ingenious non conductive solution between aluminium and timber profiles reduce thermal bridging.
- All timber is jointed using traditional mortice and tenon joints (doors) or finger joints (windows).
- All aluminium profiles are mitred and crimped using corner cleats eliminating movement. N.B. Some manufacturers just have cut and clipped joints, allowing movement.
- Reversible windows have a unique brush pile fitted to sashes adding extra protection to ironmongery, enhancing weather performance, aiding pest control (nesting flies) and maintaining aesthetic appeal. N.B. Some manufacturers leave ironmongery exposed.
- Fully concealed drainage within the aluminium profiles – no unsightly drainage caps, to fall off.
- Concealed trickle ventilation (on the outside) to maintain sleak contemporary lines.
- Wide choice of hardwoods available in lieu of standard engineered laminated redwood.
- High security espagnolette multi-point window locks with adjustable mushroom cams to achieve PAS 24 and enhance weather tightness.
- All hardware fitted with austenitic stainless steel screws for maximum longevity.
- Manufactured using CNC machinery ensuring consistent profile tolerances and quality.
- Wide choice of stain finishes for timber internally and any RAL colour available for external aluminium, to meet individual preferences. AluWood Offers The Best Of Both.
We have a new AluWood window display in our Middlesbrough showroom. If you would like to know more, please call in and take a look at our products.