Heritage & Renovation
- Repairing and refurbishing sashes and boxes
- Replacing individual sashes, sympathetic to the originals
- Reinstating damaged glass
- Renewing non-repairable joinery like cills
- Renewing cords, rebalancing sashes and servicing pulleys
- Overhauling or replacing architectural hardware
- Installing security features
- Draught proofing and installing renewing secondary glazing
- Upgrading thermal and security performance
- Upgrading Sashes to our Energy Saver Sashes
Preserve peace, retain warmth and conserve character by installing secondary glazing.
The installation of secondary glazing involves fixing new, fully independent secondary window frames to the interior of existing windows. This way, you can retain the character of your home, without having to remove original features.
Each order is tailor-made to your home, and designed sympathetically to fit in with the aesthetics.
The benefits of secondary glazing
A more peaceful world.
Block out the noisy, frantic world.
A cosier home.
Keep the heat in, saving on fuel costs.
A greener earth.
Secondary glazing reduces a building’s CO2 emissions.
A more secure home.
An effective, additional barrier against unwelcome guests.
Our experience spans a variety of properties, including grade one and two listed buildings.
“We are delighted with our recent window renovations and replacements. The attention to detail was second to none and our deliberations were supported with sound advice at every stage.
During installation the window fitters were both courteous and hard working. Floors and furniture were protected throughout the process and upon completion everything was quickly returned to normal with minimal disruption.
Importantly the new sash windows faithfully replicate the previous windows and therefore retain the original character of the house and although it is early days we have already noticed reductions in both heat loss and traffic noise. Thank you once again.”
Mr M from Hurworth